Sunday, April 11, 2010

Havasu Half Marathon

Dear Future Havasu Half Marathoners,

If you plan on running the Havasu half next year- you may want to think again. The water stations sucked ass. Not only were there no cups at the first water station, but also no cups at the second. I passed by the first one thinking I'd be okay without water for a little while. This was a bad idea. I was already feeling dehydrated and light headed by the time the next water station came up. At the second station, the volunteers were delighted to pour water into my dirty, cupped hands. No runner was happy about this. Sure, by the time we got to the third water station- thank God- there were cups. BUT, not at the fourth! Are you kidding me? And what was worse was that I saw a man pick up a water gallon (at the water station), mouth to bottle, chugged a bit down, and placed it back onto the table. Not only was this insanely rude and unsanitary of him, but also no one at the volunteer table thought to throw this out- to save other runners from his hepatitis diseases. Seriously? I was quite pissed off and bitter this whole marathon because of these little things that all added up. I paid $70 for this half marathon- the least they could do is provide paper cups! Oh- and the course is not flat, as advertised.

Regardless of my bitterness towards the half marathon- the weather was gorgeous and we ran across the London Bridge. :)

Brandi and I had a great time and a delightful Havasu trip! XXXOOO

I highly recommend the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathons! Those are amazing!!!

Best Wishes, Yours Truly. ;)

No comments: