Monday, June 18, 2007

Berlin


Greetings from Berlin! Yesterday, Erica and I went on a 4 hour walking tour and learned all about Berlin*s History. We stood right atop of Hitler*s Bunker- where he committed suicide, saw the Berlin Wall, crossed Charlie*s Checkpoint, and even saw the hotel where Michael Jackson hung his baby out the window! It was a fantastic tour, where the history consumed my brain to the fullest capacity!
Before leaving Münich, we went to the Dachnau Concentration Camp site. The feelings are nearly impossible to describe-extreme sadness and devastation. I found it quite difficult to breathe as I walked through the Crematorium, the gas chambers, and the rooms where the prisoners had to be undressed, and then layed out after their deaths. I also walked through the gun execution sites, as well as the bunkers, and entire Camp. The entire experience was eerie. But it was definitely worth seeing to gain a better understanding of what happened during such a devastating time in history.
After visiting the site, we decided to cheer ourselves up a bit by going to the Chinese Beer Garden, before catching our night train. We had a great time, hanging out with our Maryland Friends and drinking beer. Sadly enough, it was our last good time together with Chris, Willie, and Jon Kevin as we parted ways. Münich was a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.