Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day

Nagi
Isn't she adorable?
Japan: August 2009
I spent my Labor Day evening with my BFF, Chelsea (whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years), her sister, Karly, and friends, Charlotte, Ryann, Jenna and Lisa (in addition to their significant others). In case you may not already know, I've known Char & Ry Girl since the 1st grade, and Jenna & Lisa since High School. I've known Chel and Kar practically since birth. So it was a fun, and much needed, reunion! I love you girls.
I found out on Tuesday (following Labor Day), that I officially got the job, once my background check was complete. Wednesday it successfully cleared! Phew! So, my first day will be September 28th. I am looking forward to starting something new.

I did something the other day that I'm not sure I should have done.....I signed up for the P.F. Changs Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, scheduled for January 17th, 2010. This will be my first marathon. I've run two half-marathons in previous years, but never a full. I figure that since 2 halves equal a whole, I've practically run a full marathon already. However, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about this excursion. Quite the contrary.
My official marathon training begins next week. If you don't hear from me soon, it may be because I am suffering a slow and agonizing death.

No comments: