Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lost in Tokyo

Tonight, I decided to go out by myself and explore the city a bit. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. And of course, I felt confident enough to go out without bringing any maps/directions with me. Long story short, I had no clue how to return to the hostel and even forgot the name of the station I needed to go to. If there weren't 183 trains/subways, and if I weren't surrounded by Japanese speakers, the situation would have been easier. However, I was so clueless and really thought I would never make it back. Fortunately, this one Japanese man helped me out a whole, whole lot. He spoke English and could probably read how stressed and confused I was all over my face. I don't know what I would have done without that man.
I just found out that I accidentally went to Shinagawa, when I meant to go to Shibuya. Then I mistook Asakusa (the station I needed to return to), for a name I made up called, Asakuchi. That was not a fun experience. However, my hostel friends thought it was funny. Not funny, friends. Not funny.

1 comment: