Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ready for the Weekend

If I didn't quit my job and if Nicole weren't just hired- we'd both get fired!!! The two of us teaching side by side = trouble. Last night was memorable singing, "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E," as loud as we could to and with our classes. I'm not sure if the students enjoyed it or just thought the two of us were crazy.
As teachers, however, we have to amuse ourselves in someway, otherwise we would really go crazy. It can be so frustrating teaching English to Japanese students. I'll never know exactly how much it is they understand. More often than not, they just look at us with blank stares and all we want is some kind of reaction from them. But we have to work really hard to get anything. It's like pulling teeth. That's why Nikki and I have turned to song and dance. :-)

1 comment:

beach03me said...

I'm glad you're having fun at work! I bet those kids have learned more English than you think!