Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Solar Eclipse of the Heart

Last night, Nicole made somen for dinner (thank you, Nicole) and we stayed up past 2am watching Grey's Season 2. Amazing. Now I am ready for Season 3!

After teaching my babies this morning, there was a Solar Eclipse. According to Wikipedia, this was the longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century, lasting 6 minutes, 39 seconds. The next one will occur on August 2, 2027. I didn't find out til afterwards that I wasn't supposed to look directly at the sun. But I did. Ok, seriously, when there is a solar eclipse in the sky, how can you not look directly at the sun??? Sure, it's possible, but unlikely. Anyway, I definitely damaged my eyes. I just pray that I don't wake up blind tomorrow morning. Right now, that is my biggest fear.

No comments: