Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Very Best Weekend

Azusa and I

This past Saturday was my last Saturday of work (my final day of work will be this Friday, July 31st). It was such a relief working, knowing that I no longer had to wake up early and teach for 10 hours again. The new teacher, Andy, came in on Friday night; so we started working together this weekend (he'll be taking over my schedule after I leave. So it's my responsibility to train him and teach him the ropes). All was great until I had to say goodbye to my favorite class (high school class) later in the afternoon. That was a difficult goodbye. Probably my hardest. Then again, Chisa (who I'll see later this week) will be another emotional goodbye. She is, without a doubt, my favorite little girl in the whole, wide world. I get teary-eyed just thinking about saying goodbye to her. I don't want to say goodbye to Chisa. Not to Chisa. I don't even know how or why I got so attached to her. It's just one of those things you can't explain. It is what it is.

After I taught my high school girls' class (plus Kozo), I taught my final adult class, which is another one of my favorite classes. Oh, how I will miss them. They are so thoughtful, kind and generous. We all went out to dinner (including Nicole, Andy and Keisuke [who is our part-time teacher]) and said our final goodbyes. A few even came out afterwards to Nicole's apartment to pre-party before going to Saicolo's. We had quite the group headed out for the night, including a couple new faces, and even more familiar faces at the club. I had such a great time. It was, without a doubt, my favorite night ever in Japan. A few highlights included one of my adult students, Tsucasa, trying to get me to stay in Japan by finding me a Japanese boyfriend; singing, dancing and fighting with Nicole (for many hours) at American Idol; witnessing Ryan fall on his ass during his performance; then seeing Christian face plant during his performance (at one point he even fell and broke the flower vase on the table. He got in trouble. I'm surprised he didn't get kicked out. Then again, I'm surprised we all didn't get kicked out). I wish I had a video-camera to capture all of that craziness. I think a lot of fighting occurred throughout the night (ie. Nicole and Brian, Nicole and Ben, and Nicole and I...I see a trend...), but by 7am, everyone was too tired, drunk/hung-over to care. That was a good night/morning.

When I returned home, my alarm clock was going off. I don't usually get up at 7am, but apparently that's what time I like to go to bed. 5 hours later, the bruises showed up on my leg from the tambourine...they take a week to heal, then it happens all over again...Ooh, they are bad today...there are a bunch of black and blue bruises on my thigh...I blame Nicole...

I am going to miss the crazy people I've met here. I've met some pretty incredible people who I don't plan on ever saying "goodbye" to. I hate goodbyes. I am terrible at them. So instead of goodbye, I have to say, "See you later," cause will. I will see everyone again. This won't be/can't be the last time.

So, that said, I will see you all again later. I love you. And thank you for everything.

Keisuke and Christian


Nicole, Grey and Ben


Bob. I have a lot of respect for this guy. Then again, I have a lot of respect for all you Marines.

My student, Azusa

Christian, Ben and Nicole. Love Triangle.

Christian, right after he face planted and continued singing on the bar floor.

Bob and Bill

Kaori and Yumi

Brian, Kaori, Yumi, Stanley and Tsucasa

1 comment:

Mini said...

Sounds so fun! Can we please party together when you get back?