Thursday, July 16, 2009

TGIF

Yesterday was long and tiresome. I taught for 3 hours on Base (mostly about hot dogs) and thoroughly enjoyed the guys' stories. One of the marines continues to tell me (every day) about his times at the snack bar and the girls he meets. He's very open about his personal life. I can't help but laugh. Then there's the Captain. He likes to tell me time and time again that American food is poison. I try to argue this from some angles, but for the most part, he is right. Another marine tells me how much he loves meat (he only says this so much because he knows how much I hate it). These men love to pick my brain and argue with me (in a fun-natured way). I love it.

I just spent a couple hours there this morning. I think one asked me out on a date this weekend?
Yesterday afternoon, I taught my devil children. I even told one of my students that her eyes are empty and she has no soul. lol. Trust me. She is an awful little girl with a bad, bad mouth. I only say such awful things to her because she doesn't ever understand me anyway. So, with her, I tell her how I really feel...

Last night was so GREAT! Nicole, Stephen and I went out to Kokusai Street and ate taco rice! Then, Stephen ditched us (he does that more often than not) to go to American Idol. So then Nicole and I went to Banter House for open mic night. Let me just say- it was AMAZING! Some really great singers and this one fantastic acapella group. I fell in love with this one Japanese guy named, Yusuke. Not only was he very cute and talented (great singer), but he could speak English! Nicole and I invited him out this weekend to Saicolo's. We'll see if he shows up...oops...I think I invited a few marines this morning as well. It'll be a good time! This weekend may be one of my favorites! I cannot wait!
Nicole's Love

My Love, Yusuke

Our friend, Kakoon

Acapella Group: LOVE

2 comments:

~M~ said...

I Sarah! I just found your blog. That's really cool you are in Japan!

Mini said...

Uhhh, I don't see your hair in any of those pictures!