Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Busy Wednesday

With 5 observers in my afternoon class today, I was really annoyed because that's a lot of extra little bodies (and brains) to cater to. However, it was what it was. The real pay-off was at the end of class when one observer (Mao, 5 years old), ran and gave me a "run-and-jump" hug. She was adorable. A little spacey, but then again, what little Japanese kids aren't? No, but in all seriousness, that's what I love most- hugs and kisses from my little ones, especially in Japan. The culture is so different from America. Here, parents lack in two major qualities when raising their children: love and discipline. Therefore, kids will either learn to seek love from others, or be completely put off by any kind of affection. In regards to discipline, they don't have any. It drives me crazy. And I feel like I shouldn't have to be the one to discipline them, yet I do. Some days I am so thankful I don't know Japanese; I don't even want to know the things that come out of their little mouths (they can say the most awful things). Then again, there are days I wish I knew; they can also say the most precious things. All in all, there are so many things I'll just never know.
Happy Birthday, Kei! She is 6 years old today. She's an angel, when she's not a brat. Today she was both.

Kei

1 comment:

beach03me said...

Ahhhhh stick it out Sarah! You can do it! And you'll be so proud of yourself once its all over! And then never leave us again please.