Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Driving School is Long & Boring

Finally! I have tangible evidence of my ginskey Japanese drivers' license- after 4 long, stupid hours at driving school today. Seriously- no point, especially when I don't understand any Japanese. I cannot even tell you how much time I've spent listening to Japanese lectures/instructions/videos these past few weeks- at least 8 hours worth. I think I almost learned how to fall asleep with my eyes open today. It was amazing until I realized I couldn't really do it. So close, though. Anyway, I am pretty stoked to drive tomorrow! It's been a long 3 months of the monorail and walking/hobbling around. Today was definitely one of the longest days- woke up at 6:15am and worked until 10pm. I am tired and hungry, yet very happy.

My Monorail

2 comments:

beach03me said...

Are you going to have a car there??

Sarah said...

Noooo! I just got my bike license. I have my own bike to drive (well, it actually belongs to my boss. But he gives all the teachers' bikes to get around, teach outside classes and for our personal lives). It's all about the Japanese Scooters here!