Saturday, March 7, 2009

Takuma and Yu

This is my Junior High School student, Takuma, wearing Maki's Strawberry Halloween costume. I'm not sure why he still speaks to me in Japanese. In fact, all of my students do. They know I can't speak Japanese, yet they continue to tell me numerous, detailed stories and go on and on. I just nod my head and say, "Yes..ok...Really?"

My Junior High School/ High School boys are some of the most challenging to teach. They say as little as possible and hate talking to me in English. I can hardly get them to say a complete full sentence in English. Yet, I continue to pound it into them, week after week...







This is Yu. He's in 7th grade and goofs off way, way too much in my class. He is always hitting Daiki, flirting with Shino and never working. He speaks far too much Japanese, but actually knows more English than he even credits himself for. He's a smart kid- but a pain in my ass.


So, when Daiki pulled Yu's chair out from under him one night, and Yu fell to the ground- I couldn't stop laughing. No one could! I actually think I cried a little bit, I was laughing so hard! It was the best thing to happen to Yu!

Wow- I am an awful teacher!

No comments: