Monday, March 16, 2009

Failed 1st Attempt

I am so, so happy right now! I can't begin to describe this happiness. Let's just say there's someone out there who has something to do with it...

Today- I failed my Japanese License Test. Hahaha- that thing is impossible to pass! But it's ok! It was only my first time taking it, and no one passes it the first time. In fact, the two (and only) Americans there today had already taken it multiple times (one guy: 5 times, and the other guy: 11). They're going to try again tomorrow. I think I'll try again Friday (on my unique day off). Anyhow, out of the other 50+ Japanese people that took the test today, I think maybe 5 passed. But, with the help of my new American friends, I will pass this thing with ease sooner than later! Woooo-wooooo!
Have you seen the movie, Sweet November? The scene where Charlize Theron (aka Sarah in the movie) and Keanu Reeves are taking a drivers' test- well, similar scenario today. I met Abner (also the kid's name in the movie), dropped my wallet where coins went everywhere (Charlize dropped her groceries) and got into trouble while talking right before the test (except in the movie, Charlize got her test torn up and kicked out. I didn't get kicked out).

But it's also not my fault that I didn't understand a single word that the Proctor spoke! Japanese- No! English- Yes!
Today was a hot mess!
Peace out. I am tired and hungry.

No comments: