Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just My Average Wednesday...


Allow me to share my typical Wednesday with you. My first class began this morning at 10am, over at Aiiku Pre-school (just a few monorail stations away from Tsubogawa). My little kiddies always welcome me by saying, "Miss Sarah Sensei!" They are really the most adorable little kiddies I have ever come in contact with! They are my precious gems. Anywho, they never, ever fail to make me smile or laugh. They do the strangest things (and I'm sure they say the strangest things, as well. But I wouldn't know. I still don't know enough Japanese to understand what they are saying. Well, besides, "KAWAII!" which means, "CUTE")! So, today, here are a few things they did, have done, and will continue to do...

*They are fascinated by my toes. They will just sit there and touch them like they are gold!

*They enjoy putting their hands up my pants (and sometimes up my shirt).

*They love climbing all over me after class, as if I am a jungle gym.

*They give me cups after cups of tea.

*And they really love poking me up my kootch, as well as my pickachu (no joke). At first, this threw me completely off guard. But now I have learned that this is very common among Japanese kids. Uh- why didn't anyone warn me about this???


After my pre-school class, I went to Starbucks on Kokusai Dori to visit my friend, then to "Rybo" to pick up a few things (like the best mechanical pencil ever), and returned to my apartment in Kohagura to get ready for work from 2-9pm.


My angel class began at 3:30pm (my 4-5 year olds). Chisa loves putting her hands up my sweatshirt sleeved arms to tickle me. She also makes the funniest faces and has THE best smile I've ever seen.


The rest of my day was challenging, as always...trying to get Kie to work, Shimon to talk, and Yu to settle down. Today, he was spitting Mintias out the window because he couldn't handle the strong, "spicy," taste. I don't know what I'm going to do with that boy...


This is just the "jist" of my day. I can't even remember all of it- it happens so fast. I just felt like sharing a few memorable things on this typical Japanese Wednesday of mine. So, I thank you for taking the time to even have read this silly blog! You must be pretty special! ;)
xxx
O DO RI MA SHO

1 comment:

beach03me said...

I just laughed out loud in class at your poking paragraph. i can't believe they think thats funny, omg, i would freak. come back to america now please. you can bring a japanese child with you if you want. just not the poking ones.