Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I felt the need to take a picture of this vending machine because they are ALL OVER the place here- right outside my apartment, outside people's houses, along the streets, etc. They are filled with an assortment of drinks- water, tea, coffee and soda, but never food.

I am going to miss Noriko. I just met her a few weeks ago, as she was helping us out at Family English School. Today was her last day. She's going off to college in Hokkaido (which is the second largest, northernmost and least developed of Japan's four main islands).
Anyway, I gave her a big hug and kiss goodbye! We'll keep in touch and I hope to see her again before I, myself, leave Japan.


I love my girls in my 8:30-9:30 Friday night class (Shino, Asaki and Ayano). They are so sweet and a pleasure to work with. Asaki asked Shino tonight, "Where do you want to go abroad?" Shino replied back with a question to me before answering Asaki, "Miss Sarah, where are you from again?" As I answered, "I'm from Arizona," Shino shouted to Asaki, "I want to go to ARIZONA!" They are all so wonderful. I adore them.

1 comment:

beach03me said...

i like your japan pictures the best!